Bird Control Technician
AGS Support Services is currently Recruiting for a Bird Control Technician. We are looking for someone who can work full time, including nights.
You will be joining a motivated, innovative and friendly team in a company who ensures we deliver a quality service through a combination of high professional standards, quality inspections and treatment service and establishing effective working relationships.
Day to day we visit customers with a wide range of pest control issues and use our problem-solving talents to determine the most effective solutions, along the way providing the best customer service possible. Every day is different as we deal with a varied range of creepy crawlies, ranging from rats to bed bugs, so you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty. This job will involve a lot of walking and working on your own, using your own initiative and managing your own time. Whilst you don’t need to be an Olympic medalist, our jobs can be sometimes quite physically demanding, e.g. crawling/lifting/climbing. Your day will be busy, and you will have targets to work towards.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our organisation as we are expanding the pest control services we deliver to our clients.
To support the team with the installation of a variety of bird proofing systems. These include:
- Pigeon and Gull exclusion netting
- anti-perching spikes
- anti-perching wire
To undertake work that involves cleaning and sanitising of bird fouling.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- An understanding that service is not just the technical elements of the role, but that also the nature of positive human relationships
- To carry out the correct treatment for pests found, and to advise the customer of any pests found or notes as a risk
- To advise the customer of maintenance requirements to prevent pests entering the building both verbally and in writing/ To make clients aware of all risks associated with the recommendations.
- To ensure the sales team are aware of the advice provided via a sales lead and by telephone
- To highlight hygiene/housekeeping issues with the client, both verbally and in writing with the reason for concerns
Shift: Days/Nights – Flexible shifts
Credentials/Training & Experience required
- Minimum of 2 years’ pest control experience and qualified to RSPH/BPCA level 2 or Level 3
- Will have a broad knowledge of pest control and an enthusiasm to apply practically
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions
- Good communication skills with a proactive approach to resolving issues
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise workload with limited supervision
- A full driving licence
- Competence in bird netting installation
- Must be comfortable working at heights, confined spaces and outdoors
Salary: £24,000.00 to £28,000.00 pa
Company van + Fuel Card provided
Based in Central London
AGS One Pest Control – the UK’s only truly 24/7 pest control service. We succeed in the most challenging and complex pest control environments, using innovative approaches and techniques that protect our clients, our staff and our customers.
In addition, AGS One Pest Control has major contracts with Transport for London (TfL) to work on a wide range of their assets, including bus stations and across the London Underground.