We are currently recruiting for an experienced COSS and to be flexible working various shifts/projects within the rail industry.
Shift time: Days/Nights
- To ensure the health and safety of all workers signed onto Safe Works Pack.
- Lead from the front in performing all duties and mentor new operatives.
- To ensure that works undertaken by individuals within your work group are carried out safely to remove risk of injury.
- To ensure you represent AGS One to the highest standard in all aspects including customer service, management of your work group and communication with AGS One clients.
- To ensure that all works are completed to the highest levels of quality and issues relating to the completion of work escalated to the client supervisor and AGS One Line Manager.
- Work midweek days/nights and weekends when the business requires it.
- Review all your paperwork at least one shift in advance.
- Sign in and out with ES/ PC in person and ensure a full brief is received.
- Fully brief all members of the work group on all aspects of the SWP pack ensuring they sign the SWP pack following the brief.
- To ensure all workers have read and understood safety briefings.
- To record all close calls on Job Watch.
- To challenge, highlight and report ALL unsafe working practices.
- To ensure that all staff are in full PPE including face masks and goggles when signing in at Site Access.
- To ensure that hand arm vibration sensors (HAVS) are utilised by work group when operating small plant tools.
- To report any issues relating to, or absence of, worker authorisation cards on Amey sites.
- To ensure all members of the work group are clean shaven when working on Colas sites or wear air fed face masks.
- To respond to all instructions and queries from AGS One clients and Line Managers in a calm and professional manner.
- To undertake any other duties, as requested by AGS One clients and AGS One management when requested provided these are safe.
Key Skills/Experience required
- Valid COSS ticket
- Valid ICI
- Valid PTS
- Valid CSCS Card
- 2 References relating to the works
- Valid UK driving license
- Health and Safety knowledge
- A good attitude & strong work ethic
Salary: £16 to £18 per hour
AGS Support Services is a specialist agency where many different services and products are available. This includes the provision of Temporary and Permanent placements, as well as in-house training. We provide a One-Stop-Shop for our Candidates and Clients. Our recruitment services range from within the transport industry, local authorities and large blue-chip clients across the private sector.
Our bespoke and agile approach to supply and our in-depth knowledge and understanding of client needs, allows us to continually exceed their demands and expectations. Our stringent recruitment and selection process and on-going compliance ensures a consistent, committed and high-quality client supply that is also the ‘best in the business’.