Pest Control Technician – London
Job title: Pest Control Technician
Contract: Permanent Contract – 40 hours per week, plus overtime
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 per annum
Day to day we visit customers with a wide range of pest control issues and use our problem-solving talents to determine the most effective solutions, along the way providing the best customer service possible. Every day is different as we deal with a varied range of creepy crawlies, ranging from rats to bed bugs, so you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty. This job will involve a lot of walking and working on your own, using your own initiative and managing your own time.
Whilst you don’t need to be an Olympic medalist, our jobs can be sometimes quite physically demanding, e.g. crawling/lifting/climbing. Your day will be busy and you will have targets to work towards. This isn’t a typical 9-5 desk job – you will be out and about and working on your own, however a manager will only be a phone call away. Our promise to you is that through our excellent training you will be an expert in this field.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- An understanding that service is not just the technical elements of the role, but that also the nature of positive human relationships
- Self-organised. You like things to be in their proper place – always!
- Welcome teamwork whenever its’ needed – the organisation has some large customers and can undertake large-scale projects and contracts.
- You will be able to tell good customer stories and have plenty of examples.
- Deliver quality inspection, infestation and treatment pest services to both commercial and residential premises Respond to pest control service requests within the required Service Level Agreements
- Meet KPI’s for quality, performance and Customer satisfaction
- Complete detailed service reports for work completed and record all visit information using android/ PDA technology
- Complete pest services safely in line with Health and Safety and quality guidelines
- To fully inspect clients premises for pest, actual or risk of, whilst also determining potential entry points
- To carry out the correct treatment for pests found, and to advise customer of any pests found or notes as a risk
- To advise the customer of maintenance requirements to prevent pests entering the building both verbally and in writing/ To make clients aware of all risks associated with the recommendations.
- To ensure sales team are aware of the advice provided via a sales lead and by telephone
- To highlight hygiene/housekeeping issues with the client, both verbally and in writing with the reason for concerns
- To clean and remove evidence of infestation (e.g. droppings) from a client’s premises and dispose of in the appropriate location
Credentials/Training & Experience required
- Minimum of 2 years’ pest control experience and qualified to RSPH/BPCA level 2 or Level 3
- Will have a broad knowledge of pest control and an enthusiasm to apply practically
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions
- Good communication skills with a proactive approach to resolving issues
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise workload with limited supervision
- A full driving licence
We are the experts in Pest Control, providing quality, dependable and friendly services to any customer big or small across the UK.
AGSOne are a government accredited learning organisation that delivers training, qualifications and opportunities to its valued colleagues.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our organisation as we are expanding the pest control services we deliver to our clients. As a Pest Control Technician, you will be joining a motivated, innovative and friendly team in a company who ensures we deliver a quality service through a combination of high professional standards, quality inspections and treatment service and establishing effective working relationships.
- Fast growing business with excellent opportunities for career progression and development.
- Individual training plans for each employee, including required competencies for current role, and incorporating medium-to-long term training and development for future career goals.
- Fully expensed and equipped company vehicle
- Company mobile, PPE, Uniform and all other equipment
- Company pension scheme
- Annual leave 20 days and 8 bank holidays