Pest Control Technician
As a Pest Control Technician, you will be joining a motivated, innovative and friendly team in a company who ensures we deliver a quality service through a combination of high professional standards, quality inspections and treatment service and establishing effective working relationships.
Day to day we visit customers with a wide range of pest control issues and use our problem-solving talents to determine the most effective solutions, along the way providing the best customer service possible. Every day is different as we deal with a varied range of creepy crawlies, ranging from rats to bed bugs, so you need to be prepared to get your hands dirty. This job will involve a lot of walking and working on your own, using your own initiative and managing your own time. Whilst you don’t need to be an Olympic medallist, our jobs can be sometimes quite physically demanding, e.g. crawling/lifting/climbing. Your day will be busy and you will have targets to work towards.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our organisation as we are expanding the pest control services we deliver to our clients.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- An understanding that service is not just the technical elements of the role, but that also the nature of positive human relationships
- Self-organised. You like things to be in their proper place – always!
- Welcome teamwork whenever it’s needed – the organisation has some large customers and can undertake large-scale projects and contracts.
- You will be able to tell good customer stories and have plenty of examples.
- Deliver quality inspection, infestation and treatment pest services to both commercial and residential premises Respond to pest control service requests within the required Service Level Agreements
- Meet KPI’s for quality, performance and Customer satisfaction
- Complete detailed service reports for work completed and record all visit information using android/ PDA technology
- Complete pest services safely in line with Health and Safety and quality guidelines
- To fully inspect clients premises for pest, actual or risk of, whilst also determining potential entry points
- To carry out the correct treatment for pests found, and to advise the customer of any pests found or notes as a risk
- To advise the customer of maintenance requirements to prevent pests entering the building both verbally and in writing/ To make clients aware of all risks associated with the recommendations.
- To ensure the sales team are aware of the advice provided via a sales lead and by telephone
- To highlight hygiene/housekeeping issues with the client, both verbally and in writing with the reason for concerns
- To clean and remove evidence of infestation (e.g. droppings) from a client’s premises and dispose of in the appropriate location
Credentials/Training & Experience required
- Minimum of 2 years’ pest control experience and qualified to RSPH/BPCA level 2 or Level 3
- Will have a broad knowledge of pest control and an enthusiasm to apply practically
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions
- Good communication skills with a proactive approach to resolving issues
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise workload with limited supervision
- A full driving licence
Salary: £24,000.00 to £28,000.00 pa
Company van + Fuel Card provided
Based in Central London
AGS Support Services is a specialist agency where many different services and products are available. This includes the provision of Temporary and Permanent placements, as well as in-house training. We provide a One-Stop-Shop for our Candidates and Clients. Our recruitment services range from within the transport industry, local authorities and large blue-chip clients across the private sector.
Our bespoke and agile approach to supply and our in-depth knowledge and understanding of client needs, allows us to continually exceed their demands and expectations. Our stringent recruitment and selection process and on-going compliance ensures a consistent, committed and high-quality client supply that is also the ‘best in the business’.