Trainee Pest Control Technician – London
Job title: Trainee Pest Control Technician
Contract: Permanent Contract – 40 hours per week, plus overtime
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 per annum
Company Vehicle + Fuel Card provided
Based in Central London/South East
At AGS we work in challenging and complex environments ranging from industrial complexes and power stations to rail infrastructure and transport networks. You will be delivering Pest Control to these interesting clients in addition to more traditional customers in the retail and food sector.
At AGS our ethos is Happy Staff, Happy Clients, Happy Days. We’re not interested in KPIs, targets and mindless spreadsheets. Delivering good service is at the core of what we do, and we’ll support you to that end. That means we want problem solvers and people focused on delivering results and the best customer service possible, not 8 jobs a day.
We’re committed to training you to become an expert in your field. This will mean BPCA/RSPH accreditations, marksmanship training and other specialist courses. You will also receive training required to meet the rigorous Health and Safety demands of working on transport networks such as London Underground. With more training you will provide better service and become a more valuable member of the team. If you excel with your training and newly acquired skills this will open opportunities for you to work in other roles. In a fast-growing business you will be well placed to move up in the company.
Given the nature of our clients, the job can be physically demanding. You will be required to use your own initiative and manage your own time effectively. We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset, those who challenge the norm and want to do things differently for the better. For the most part you will be working on your own, however teams will come together to work on larger projects or jobs. The management and planning team will be there to support your day-to-day work. The work environment is friendly and relaxed but management expect commitment to cause and an honest day’s work as a minimum.
Key qualities and responsibilities:
- Good communication skills – verbal and written.
- An understanding that service is not just the technical elements of the role, but that also the nature of positive human relationships
- Well organised. You like things to be in their proper place – always!
- Welcome teamwork whenever it’s needed – the organisation has some large customers and can undertake large-scale projects and contracts.
- You will be able to tell good customer stories and have plenty of examples.
- Deliver quality inspection, infestation and treatment pest services to both commercial and residential premises Respond to pest control service requests within the required Service Level Agreements
- Meet KPI’s for quality, performance and Customer satisfaction
- Complete detailed service reports for work completed and record all visit information using android/ PDA technology
- Complete pest services safely in line with Health and Safety and quality guidelines
- To fully inspect clients premises for pest, actual or risk of, whilst also determining potential entry points
- To carry out the correct treatment for pests found, and to advise customer of any pests found or notes as a risk
- To advise the customer of maintenance requirements to prevent pests entering the building both verbally and in writing/ To make clients aware of all risks associated with the recommendations.
- To ensure sales team are aware of the advice provided via a sales lead and by telephone
- To highlight hygiene/housekeeping issues with the client, both verbally and in writing with the reason for concerns
- To clean and remove evidence of infestation (e.g. droppings) from a client’s premises and dispose of in the appropriate way
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a similar or work environment
- A full driving licence is desirable though trainee foot technicians will be considered
- Interest and some knowledge of pest control
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions
- Good communication skills with a proactive approach to resolving issues
- Good organisational and time management skills and the ability to plan and prioritise workload with limited supervision